Choosing a fireplace design can be difficult. With so many oak fireplace beams and fireplace designs to choose from, you could find yourself struggling to decide which one would look best in your home.
1. The classic brick surround is one of our favourites, as it fits well into any home. Whether your home is modern or traditional, full of character or lined with crisp white edges, bricks will look great against any backdrop.
By topping off your fireplace with our character oak fascia beam, you can create the appearance of a built-in oak lintel, giving your fireplace an authentic edge.
2. For smaller homes, a stove placed into a small surround can provide the comfort of a flickering flame without taking up too much space.
A natural oak beam above the fireplace opening, can finish off the look and provide a place to display your knickknacks.
We think that this fireplace design looks amazing in more modern homes, although we have to admit we quite like it in more traditional settings, too!
3. Not all fireplaces have to have fires inside.
An old fireplace opening provides a great centrepiece in any room, without the maintenance a fire demands. It can also be a great way to use a chimney breast, where the chimney has been blocked up. Display flowers in a cast iron fire grate to cheer you up, even on the coldest of days.
A classic oak beam frames the fireplace opening, without detracting from the beauty of your display.
4. Want a more traditional-looking fireplace design with a modern twist? Having a brick background framing your wood burner with contrasting black slate tiles, can add a modern edge to the more traditional home or a classical hint to a newer build.
A black slate hearth is also a great place to display your logs.
An oak beam sets off this type of fireplace perfectly.
5. Having a rustic oak fireplace beam on your chimney breast, gives your fireplace opening an authentic feel, even if it has long-since been closed up.
The natural colour of the oak, together with cracks created by the air drying of the wood, gives an illusion of age. This sleek white fireplace surround with a rustic oak beam, would be at home in new-builds and more traditional houses alike.
Here at Traditional Beams, all of our oak is FSC certified. We believe that your oak fireplace beam should be the centre of attention. All of our beams come with concealed fittings, so your oak mantel is not spoiled by any ugly brackets.
We also offer a wide range of finishes and colours, so that you can be sure you will find a fireplace beam that you’ll love.
Want to know more about which fireplace designs would look good in your home? Torn between two different oak beams? Get in touch today – we’d love to help you decide.
We love them all – which one is your favourite?
The kitchen is often considered the heart of a home, where families gather, meals are prepared, and memories are made. To enhance the functionality and aesthetics of this vital space,...
When it comes to bathroom decor and organisation, oak shelves have emerged as a versatile and timeless choice. Oak, known for its durability and natural beauty, not only adds a...
10 reasons to burn kiln dried birch firewood in your stove:
1. High Heat Output: Birch is known for its high energy content, which means it produces a lot...
When it comes to enhancing the beauty and functionality of your home, oak shelves are a timeless and versatile choice.
Creating Rustic Ambiance: Incorporating Rustic Shelves into Your Interior Decor There's a certain enchantment that comes with rustic decor – an allure that harks back to simpler times and celebrates...
Rustic Charm and Elegance: The Allure of Wood Floating Shelves In the world of interior design, there is a timeless appeal to rustic charm and elegance. One element that perfectly...