Choosing a fireplace design can be difficult. With so many oak fireplace beams and fireplace designs to choose from, you could find yourself struggling to decide which one would look best in your home.
1. The classic brick surround is one of our favourites, as it fits well into any home. Whether your home is modern or traditional, full of character or lined with crisp white edges, bricks will look great against any backdrop.
By topping off your fireplace with our character oak fascia beam, you can create the appearance of a built-in oak lintel, giving your fireplace an authentic edge.
2. For smaller homes, a stove placed into a small surround can provide the comfort of a flickering flame without taking up too much space.
A natural oak beam above the fireplace opening, can finish off the look and provide a place to display your knickknacks.
We think that this fireplace design looks amazing in more modern homes, although we have to admit we quite like it in more traditional settings, too!
3. Not all fireplaces have to have fires inside.
An old fireplace opening provides a great centrepiece in any room, without the maintenance a fire demands. It can also be a great way to use a chimney breast, where the chimney has been blocked up. Display flowers in a cast iron fire grate to cheer you up, even on the coldest of days.
A classic oak beam frames the fireplace opening, without detracting from the beauty of your display.
4. Want a more traditional-looking fireplace design with a modern twist? Having a brick background framing your wood burner with contrasting black slate tiles, can add a modern edge to the more traditional home or a classical hint to a newer build.
A black slate hearth is also a great place to display your logs.
An oak beam sets off this type of fireplace perfectly.
5. Having a rustic oak fireplace beam on your chimney breast, gives your fireplace opening an authentic feel, even if it has long-since been closed up.
The natural colour of the oak, together with cracks created by the air drying of the wood, gives an illusion of age. This sleek white fireplace surround with a rustic oak beam, would be at home in new-builds and more traditional houses alike.
Here at Traditional Beams, all of our oak is FSC certified. We believe that your oak fireplace beam should be the centre of attention. All of our beams come with concealed fittings, so your oak mantel is not spoiled by any ugly brackets.
We also offer a wide range of finishes and colours, so that you can be sure you will find a fireplace beam that you’ll love.
Want to know more about which fireplace designs would look good in your home? Torn between two different oak beams? Get in touch today – we’d love to help you decide.
We love them all – which one is your favourite?
The cold nights are officially here, and Christmas is just around the corner. One of the best things to do at Christmas is sit by the roaring fire whilst sipping...
There are so many options when designing a fireplace, from cast iron surrounds to solid oak fireplace beams. We thought we would share with you why we think oak fireplace...
Shelves are so much more than extra storage on an otherwise unused wall.
Decorating your shelves for the season ahead is a really simple way bring a whole new feel...
Here at Traditional Beams we have discovered there’s a few misconceptions about oak beams. These may deter some people from creating their dream fireplace which seems a...
Choosing a floating shelf to suit your space is easy when you know how.
In this article, we will focus on finding the perfect floating shelves for...
Here at Traditional Beams, we get asked this question a lot, however there are a few variables to consider when choosing the optimal place to install your oak fireplace beam....