The Benefits Of Oak Flooring
Here at Traditional Beams, we also provide the best quality solid wood and engineered oak flooring, available in many different finishes.
Not only does oak flooring look fantastic, but it also has many benefits too. Check out some of them below.
- Oak is a hardwood which is extremely hard wearing. It is renowned for its durability. In fact, some people are still using 200-year-old reclaimed oak today. This means it is great for kids to play on, for running about and for your furniture to be on.
- It ages like a fine wine. Each oak flooring is unique as the wood is all slightly different looking and as it ages it can get richer in colour. If you look after it well it will just look better with age.
- Oak flooring can really bring a room together. Unlike tiles, vinyl or carpet, oak flooring has a unique finish in different patterns and styles due to the grain of the wood. It can suit pretty much any household and will suit and redecorating you decide to do due to the neutral tones and long-lasting finish.
- Oak takes really well to staining and colouring therefore, you can completely make it suit your household. There is bound to be a style and colour that you will like. You can have a clean, minimal, modern white shade or go more traditional with a deep colour.
- You rarely ever need to repair your oak flooring. It is highly resistant to fungal and insects attacks so you won’t have any problems with it.
- It provides a great medium to install underfloor heating which in recent years has become one of the most efficient ways to heat your home.
- They’re easy to clean in comparison to carpets. Carpets embed dirt deep into them but your oak floors are easy to wipe clean
These are just a few benefits of having oak flooring aside from the fact it looks stunning in absolutely any home!
If you’re looking to get oak flooring in your home please don’t hesitate to call us for more information on 01287 348040.