Rustic Oak Beam for your Fireplace
Are you looking to instantly add character to your room? Look no further, our aged rustic oak beam is the perfect choice for you. Distressed edges and textured surfaces gives the appearance of a time worn, centuries old rustic oak beam.
All beams with the exception of our 19cm x 14cm (7.5″ x 5.5″) beam will be supplied with fixing brackets and will be supplied in one of the larger sides. Depending on the depth of your beam we will provide a unique fixing system to suit. If your oak fireplace beam is 110mm (4.25″) deep or less, we machine keyhole brackets into the back. For oak beams deeper than this we will pre drill the back of the beam and supply high quality Hafele concealed shelf supports. Both are a fantastic fixing solutions. The fittings provided can be fitted into brick, stone or breeze block walls. They can be fixed to stud walls where timber uprights can be located. Please note: The back of the beam is left unfinished.
Now available in our premium range of colours for deeper penetration into the wood and a longer lasting finish.
Want something even more rustic? Check out our Reclaimed Oak Beam.
What you need to know!
- Size is accurate to +/- 5mm
- 19cm x 14cm (7.5″ x 5.5″) beams will NOT be pre-drilled or supplied with fixings.
- Any beam with a depth of 11cm (4.25″) or less will be fitted with keyhole brackets.
- Beams 12.5cm (5″) deep or more will be supplied with Hafele concealed shelf supports.
- We are a trusted online retailer – see what our past customers say about us.
- Fireplace beams are crafted from well air dried oak to ensure minimal movement once installed.
- We recommend leaving your beam (removed from the packaging) to acclimatise to your room for 2 weeks prior to installation.
Important: Please be aware as oak is a natural product, each piece does vary with regards to: cracks, knots, colour and grain pattern. Beams sizes are approximate to +/- 5mm. Some beams may have small areas of pin holing which further adds to the reclaimed effect, we will treat these beams with anti infestation solution. All of our oak beams are well air dried ensuring minimal movement once installed in your home. As your beam adjusts to your room temperature further cracks may appear only adding to the character. This is nothing to worry about. Please note that none of the above can be treated as defects.
Order our aged rustic oak beam online today at our best prices yet!
Oak Beams are a combustible material. It is important the the beam is positioned a safe distance away from stoves, flues and other heat sources in line with building and HETAS regulations. Installing a beam to close to a heat source may cause excessive cracking and be unsafe.