Reclaimed Oak Beam for your Fireplace
With a rustic and time worn appearance, our reclaimed oak beam is sure to add heaps of character to your fireplace. Be it to seamlessly blend in with other old features or to create a stark contrast between rustic and modern.
We craft our reclaimed oak beam from the most rustic oak timber we can source, carefully selected for its reclaimed characteristics. Large cracks and open knots are some of the rustic features we look for when selecting beams.
All beams with the exception of our 19cm x 14cm (7.5″ x 5.5″) beam will be supplied with fixing brackets and will be supplied in one of the larger sides. Depending on the depth of your beam we will provide a unique fixing system to suit. If your oak fireplace beam is 9cm (3.25″) deep or less, we machine keyhole brackets into the back. For oak beams deeper than this we will pre drill the back of the beam and supply high quality Hafele concealed shelf supports. Both are a fantastic fixing solutions. The fittings provided can be fitted into brick, stone or breeze block walls. They can be fixed to stud walls where timber uprights can be located. Please note: The back of the beam is left unfinished.
Now available in our premium range of colours for a deeper penetration into the wood and a longer lasting finish.
A little too rustic for your room? Check out our Rustic Oak Beam for a characterful beam with a more uniform shape.
Or check our full range of oak fireplace beams.
What you need to know!
- Size is accurate to +/- 5mm
- 19cm x 14cm (7.5″ x 5.5″) beams will NOT be pre-drilled or supplied with fixings.
- Any beam with a depth of 9cm (3.5″) or less will be fitted with keyhole brackets.
- Beams 11cm (4.25″) deep or more will be supplied with Hafele concealed shelf supports.
- The word reclaimed refers to the style, we use rustic air dried oak not reclaimed oak.
- This is our most rustic oak fireplace beam yet!
- We are a trusted online retailer – see what our past customers say about us.
- We craft our reclaimed style beams from well air dried oak which ensures minimal movement once installed.
- We recommend leaving your beam (removed from the packaging) to acclimatise to your room for 2 weeks prior to installation.
Important: Please be aware as oak is a natural product, each piece does vary with regards to: cracks, knots, colour and grain pattern. Beams sizes are approximate to +/- 5mm. Some beams may have small areas of pin holing which further adds to the reclaimed effect, we will treat these beams with anti infestation solution. All of our oak beams are well air dried ensuring minimal movement once installed in your home. As your beam adjusts to your room temperature further cracks may appear only adding to the character. This is nothing to worry about. Please note that none of the above can be treated as defects.
Order our reclaimed oak beam online today at our best prices yet!
Oak Beams are a combustible material. It is important the the beam is positioned a safe distance away from stoves, flues and other heat sources in line with building and HETAS regulations. Installing a beam to close to a heat source may cause excessive cracking and be unsafe.