Oak fireplace beam – Order online today
Our shaped oak fireplace beam is entirely exclusive to Traditional Beams. Each beam is skillfully worked, often around knots, to give the appearance of a natural edge. All corners and edges are rounded off and softened.
Unless otherwise stated fixing brackets will be supplied in one of the larger sides. Depending on the depth of your beam we will provide a unique fixing system to suit. If your shaped oak fireplace beam is 4.5 inches deep or less, we machine keyhole brackets into the back. For oak beams greater than 4.5″ inches deep we will pre drill the back of the beam and supply high quality Hafele concealed shelf supports. Both are a fantastic fixing solutions.
Visit our bog on how to install a floating shelf for full fitting instructions. Exactly the same method can be used to install our oak fireplace beams.
Now available in our premium range of colours for a deeper penetration into the wood and a longer lasting finish.
Due to machining and sanding beams are typically up to 1/2 an inch smaller than the size stated.
8″x6″ beams can be up to 3/4 of an inch smaller than the stated size.
What you need to know:
- 8″x6″ beams will NOT be pre-drilled or supplied with fixings.
- Any beam with a depth of 4.5″ or less will be fitted with keyhole brackets.
- Beams 5″ deep or more will be supplied with Hafele concealed shelf supports.
- The beam in the first image has been finished in ‘medium oak’.
- Our current turnaround is 5-10 workings days.
- We are a trusted online retailer – see what our past customers say about us.
- Fireplace beams are crafted from well air dried oak to ensure minimal movement once installed.
- We source our oak from trusted suppliers. All of our oak is FSC certified.
- Our oak beams are well air dried ensuring any movement is minimal once installed in your home.
- Our oak beams are excellent quality, QP1 structural grade.
- We recommend leaving your beam (removed from the packaging) to acclimatise to your room for 2 weeks prior to installation.
Important: Please be aware as oak is a natural product, each piece does vary with regards to: cracks, knots, colour and grain pattern. Due to machining and sanding beams are typically up to 1/2″ smaller than the size stated. Some beams may have small areas of pin holing which further adds to the rustic effect, we will treat these beams with anti infestation solution. Unless otherwise stated we will use the largest side as the back. Please note that none of the above can be treated as defects.