Oak fireplace beam – Order online today
Our shaped oak fireplace beam is entirely exclusive to Traditional Beams. Each beam is skillfully worked, often around knots, to give the appearance of a natural edge. All corners and edges are rounded off and softened.
Unless otherwise stated fixing brackets will be supplied in one of the larger sides. Depending on the depth of your beam we will provide a unique fixing system to suit. If your shaped oak fireplace beam is 4.5 inches deep or less, we machine keyhole brackets into the back. For oak beams greater than 4.5″ inches deep we will pre drill the back of the beam and supply high quality Hafele concealed shelf supports. Both are a fantastic fixing solutions.
Visit our bog on how to install a floating shelf for full fitting instructions. Exactly the same method can be used to install our oak fireplace beams.
Now available in our premium range of colours for a deeper penetration into the wood and a longer lasting finish.
What you need to know:
- 8″x6″ beams are not supplied with fixing brackets and pre drilled holes.
- We source our oak from trusted suppliers. All of our oak is FSC certified.
- Our oak beams are well air dried ensuring any movement is minimal once installed in your home.
- Our oak beams are excellent quality, QP1 structural grade.
- We aim to dispatch all orders within 5 working days.
- We have a track record of excellence! Don’t take our word for it, see what our past customers say!
Important: Please be aware as oak is a natural product, each piece does vary with regards to: cracks, knots, colour and grain pattern. Due to machining and sanding beams are typically up to 1/2″ smaller than the size stated. Some beams may have small areas of pin holing which further adds to the rustic effect, we will treat these beams with anti infestation solution. Unless otherwise stated we will use the largest side as the back. Please note that none of the above can be treated as defects.