Oak fireplace beam – Order online today
Our shaped oak fireplace beam is entirely exclusive to Traditional Beams. Each beam is skillfully worked, often around knots, to give the appearance of a natural edge. All corners and edges are rounded off and softened.
All beams with the exception of our 8″x6″ beam will be supplied with fixing brackets and will be supplied in one of the larger sides. Depending on the depth of your beam we will provide a unique fixing system to suit. If your oak fireplace beam is 4.5 inches deep or less, we machine keyhole brackets into the back. For oak beams greater than 4.5″ inches deep we will pre drill the back of the beam and supply high quality Hafele concealed shelf supports. Both are a fantastic fixing solutions. The fittings provided can be fitted into brick, stone or breeze block walls. They can be fixed to stud walls where timber uprights can be located. Please note: The back of the beam is left unfinished.
Now available in our premium range of colours for a deeper penetration into the wood and a longer lasting finish.
Due to machining and sanding beams are typically up to 1/2 an inch smaller than the size stated.
8″x6″ beams can be up to 3/4 of an inch smaller than the stated size.
What you need to know:
- 8″x6″ beams will NOT be pre-drilled or supplied with fixings.
- Any beam with a depth of 4.5″ or less will be fitted with keyhole brackets.
- Beams 5″ deep or more will be supplied with Hafele concealed shelf supports.
- The beam in the first image has been finished in ‘medium oak’.
- We are a trusted online retailer – see what our past customers say about us.
- Fireplace beams are crafted from well air dried oak to ensure minimal movement once installed.
- We source our oak from trusted suppliers. All of our oak is FSC certified.
- Our oak beams are well air dried ensuring any movement is minimal once installed in your home.
- Our oak beams are excellent quality, QP1 structural grade.
- We recommend leaving your beam (removed from the packaging) to acclimatise to your room for 2 weeks prior to installation.
Important: Please be aware as oak is a natural product, each piece does vary with regards to: cracks, knots, colour and grain pattern. Due to machining and sanding beams are typically up to 1/2″ smaller than the size stated. Some beams may have small areas of pin holing which further adds to the rustic effect, we will treat these beams with anti infestation solution. Unless otherwise stated we will use the largest side as the back. Please note that none of the above can be treated as defects.