Traditional Beams we are now offering kiln-dried European oak boards in a variety of thicknesses and grades suitable for a range of joinery applications. Each kiln-dried oak boards has been meticulously measured and graded by our trusted sawmills in France using industry standard appearance grading rules.
Did you know, unlike American oak, European oak offers far more character and variation with regards to the grain pattern with many boards being quarter sawn, this is all down to a different milling process. European oak is milled using a technique known as through and through sawmilling, which basically means the log is not turned throughout the milling process.
What you need to know!
- 54mm QS1 grade. Check out the full grading description in the grading tab.
- Packs will contain a mixture of half edged and unedged boards.
- 2.2m – 3m pack lengths.
- Moisture content; 10-12%.
- Minimum order quantity – £250 + vat & delivery.
- Sawn finish; Sawn to size and machining services available, just ask us for details.
- Volume discount on full packs.
|Board size||Split pack price / m3||Full pack price / m3|
|54mm x 2.2 – 2.6m||£1040 + vat||£990 + vat|
|54mm x 3m||£1100 + vat||£1040 + vat|