Traditional Beams are now happy to offer packs of kiln dried oak boards in a variety of grades and thicknesses suitable for a variety of joinery applications. Our kiln dried oak boards are 100% European Oak and have been meticulously measured and graded using industry standard European appearance grading rules.
Did you know, unlike American oak, European oak offers far more character and variation with regards to the grain pattern, with many boards being quarter sawn. This is all down to a different milling process. European oak is milled using a technique known as through and through sawmilling, which basically means the log is not turned throughout the milling process.
What you need to know!
- 27mm QS1 grade. Check out the full grading description in the grading tab.
- Packs will contain a mixture of half edged and unedged boards.
- 2.2m – 3m pack lengths.
- Moisture content; 10-12%.
- Minimum order quantity – £250 + vat & delivery.
- Sawn finish; Sawn to size and machining services available, just ask us for details.
- Volume discount on full packs.
|Board size||Split pack price / m3||Full pack price / m3|
|27mm x 2.2 – 2.6m||£950 + vat||£910 + vat|
|27mm x 3m||£1000 + vat||£955 + vat|