Beautiful Oak Fireplace Beam with Corbels
Our popular Classic oak fireplace beam with corbels! With the capability of fitting into both modern and traditional homes, our classic oak fireplace beam is our most popular beam in our range. Machined and sanded removing any sharp corners and edges, the beam maintains a uniform shape.
Now available in our premium range of colours for a deeper penetration into the wood and a longer lasting finish.
Corbels are supplied with keyhole brackets machined into the back. We position the keyhole vertically hence they need to be fitted before the beam. The approximate dimensions of the corbels are 4″x4″x8″.
Each beam is supplied with concealed shelf supports capable of supporting your beam with ease. Pre drilled holes are professionally drilled into the back of your beam to ensure a clean and crisp finish. Fixings are positioned on the smallest side of the beam so that they fit comfortably with the corbels.
The fittings that come supplied are suitable for use on brick, stone, and breeze block walls. If you have a stud wall, then they can be fixed to this as long as timber uprights can be located. We have a handy blog on how to install a floating shelf, which provides a full set of instructions. The exact same method can also be used to install the oak fireplace beams that we offer. We do include a full set of fitting instructions with our all of our beams.
Why Buy From Traditional Beams?
- All the oak we use is sourced from traditional suppliers.
- The oak we use is FSC certified.
- Oak is air dried, ensuring the most minimal amount of movement once installed.
- We only supply quality oak products, which is all QP1 structural grade
- All of our beams come with machine drilled holes, and fixing brackets and instructions (excluding our 8”x6” beams).
- Our current turnaround is 5-10 workings days.
- With a track record for excellence we aim thrive on good customer feedback. Why not check out what our current customers are saying about us in the testimonials section.
- We recommend leaving your beam (removed from the packaging) to acclimatise to your room for 2 weeks prior to installation.
We offer nationwide delivery, prices start from £10.00 + vat. Places in the Scottish Highlands and Islands may be subject to additional delivery charges. On all orders, typical dispatch time is between 3-5 days (this an approximate timescale and is only used to provide guidance when ordering. During busy times of the year, dispatch time may be slightly longer. If you’re in need of your beam by a specific date, then please feel free to contact us before you place an order, to find out if we can meet the date you need it by.
Important: Please be aware as oak is a natural product, each piece does vary with regards to: cracks, knots, colour and grain pattern. Due to machining and sanding beams are typically up to 1/2″ smaller than the size stated. Some beams may have small areas of pin holing which further adds to the rustic effect, we will treat these beams with anti-infestation solution. All of oak oak beams are well air dried ensuring minimal movement once installed in your home. As your beam adjusts to your room temperature further cracks may appear only adding to the character. This is nothing to worry about. Please note that none of the above can be treated as defects.