Beautiful Arched Oak Beam complete with Fixings
Do you want a beam that’s going to add another level of sophistication to your fireplace? Look no further! Our arched oak beam is skillfully crafted from the best quality air dried European oak, air dried for maximum stability. The arch starts approximately 6″ in from the ends and reaches approximately 1.5″ at it’s centre. Our Arched oak beam looks particularly impressive when fitted above an original arched brick fireplace.
Depending on the depth of your beam we will provide a unique fixing system to suit. If your oak fireplace beam is 4.5 inches deep or less, we machine keyhole brackets into the back. For oak beams greater than 4.5″ inches deep we will pre drill the back of the beam and supply high quality Hafele concealed shelf supports. Both are fantastic fixing solutions. The fittings provided can be fitted into brick, stone or breeze block walls. They can be fixed to stud walls where timber uprights can be located.
Visit our blog on how to install a floating shelf for fitting instructions.
Now available in our premium range of colours for a deeper penetration into the wood and a longer lasting finish.
Why Buy Beams From Us?
- Fixings and fitting instructions included for use in solid walls
- We source our oak from trusted and reputable suppliers.
- Our oak is well air dried ensuring any movement once installed is minimal.
- The oak we supply is QP1 structural grade.
- We aim to dispatch orders within 5 working days.
- We have a track record of excellence! See what our customers have been saying about us on reviews.co.uk.
- We recommend leaving your beam (removed from the packaging) to acclimatise to your room for 2 weeks prior to installation.
Important: Please be aware as oak is a natural product, each piece does vary with regards to: cracks, knots, colour and grain pattern. Due to machining and sanding beams are typically up to 1/2″ smaller than the size stated. Some beams may have small areas of pin holing which further adds to the rustic effect, we will treat these beams with anti infestation solution. All of our oak beams are well air dried ensuring minimal movement once installed in your home. As your beam adjusts to your room temperature further cracks may appear only adding to the character. This is nothing to worry about. Please note that none of the above can be treated as defects.
If for some reason you’d like to return your item just post it back to us within 14 days of delivery to receive a refund in full.